Wednesday, July 26, 2006

What is the sound of 10 pregnant ladies chanting?

I've just returned from my pre-natal yoga class. It is so luxurious to spend 90 minutes breathing, stretching and focusing on my ever-changing body.

We always begin class by introducing ourselves and announcing our due dates. It is amazing how the bodies of women at the same stage of pregnancy can look so different. A woman only three weeks ahead of me looked so huge!

It was only in the last month that I really started showing and I hadn't actually gained any weight until my last doctor's visit... but I certainly look pregnant now. There are still some old favorites in my closet that haven't been banished to the storage box under the bed and I continue to search for additions to my maternity wardrobe.

The best part is seeing the sparkle in Daniel's eye when he catches me looking particularly pregnant. At this point, when do I not look pregnant?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I'll ever forget when, during camping over Memorial Day, Daniel just suddenly stopped, got this big grin on his face as he looked down at Emily's tum and said, "He. I made that." Cutest thing ever. Congrats to both of you.