Monday, October 08, 2007

Dad Days

I've got a few amusing photos to share with you guys. First off (above), Mather has developed a very endearing habit of pressing her cheek against mine whenever I carry her up on my shoulders -- I've been holding her this way since February, but she really enjoys it now, and we can go for blocks. It's fun, but she'll kick or tug my ears when she wants me to go faster...


We also roughhouse now. I've been a Daddy Jungle Gym for a while, but before that just meant she'd crawl over me. Now we'll play on the floor or with her in my arms, and she'll smack me, headbutt me, grab at my ear and teeth and giggle the whole time doing it. In return I'll flip her around, hold her upside down, tickle her...this isn't how you can play with an infant. She's growing into something more, and she's become something pretty fun. In fact, she's graduated from the swingset and shaded grass at the playground and now crawls on the play structure on quiet days.


Not to mention her attempts to stand. Hands free. Each day she goes longer, and each day she learns how to plop down that much more safely...

About the only thing Daddy really shouldn't be trusted with is bathtime. Daddy bathtime leads to mohawks...


8 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow, these are such GREAT pictures. Mather's expressions are priceless. It looks like you two are best buds. How wonderful that the baby (toddler?) has bonded with both parents so well. What a lucky, lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

When I read this sentence:
"It's fun, but she'll kick or tug my ears when she wants me to go faster..." it got me to wondering...
Have either of you seen the movie "Ratatouille"?

Papasan said...

Crockmama: She doesn't quite toddle yet. But that's coming soon.

Savi: I haven't -- is there a father turned beast of burden?

Anonymous said...

As long as the mohawk doesn't involve a razor, I don't see the problem. It's a good look for the bathtub.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are awesome. She is so cute, and the two of you together are priceless.

Unknown said...

I hear the mohawk is really in-style! I never knew such a hip dad!

PS - Great to see you guys last week. Hope to do it again soon.

Owen said...

The mohawk is definitely better than the mullet.

Anonymous said...

omigod these pictures are so cute i'm going to cry!