Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Maternity Leave

Today is the official start of my maternity leave.

Mather and I hung on long enough to get through the October 16th tax filing deadline at work. Now all the distractions provided by busy workdays are gone, and the clock just creaps along... that's the downside.

The upside is that I slept in, went to a morning pre-natal yoga class, ran a few errands, got a manicure and pedicure, made a great salad for lunch, took care of a couple chores around the house, and still had time to just hang out with my feet up!

We're hoping Mather makes an early arrival - I think 10/20/06 has a nice ring to it! But I have lined up plenty of little projects to keep myself distracted if she decides to stay curled up for a few more weeks.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

October 20th would be a good day. Three people in my extended family and one of my good friends out here were all born on that day.

Anonymous said...

how awesome, you get to practice contractions, do prenatal yoga and drink (virgin) margaritas instead of deal with taxes while mr. daniel brings home the bacon (really, eat some bacon! and ice cream!)

to Mather: stay in there as long as you can! your blankets will never be that warm!

Anonymous said...

man that sounds like the life ... better to do yoga and pedicures than worry about taxes all day :)

Anonymous said...

I think my guess was the 21st...gotta admit yoga and pedicures sound pretty nice right about now!

Hope Monkey's not too freaked out by all the changes, but at least she'll get to have some time with you home before the big event!

Anonymous said...

Can the ransomedoff fans get an update photo of what I am sure is a VERY pregnant Momily? They were coming out regularly a while ago...

Papasan said...

We lost our usual white background when we had to move my dresser against that wall to accomodate Mather's furniture.

But your right -- we don't know when we'll run out of chances! So we'll try to take a picture today.

auntastasia said...

Momily more than hung on. She worked without complaint throughout her pregnancy; many of us would forget that she was pregnant for a moment. Momily is amazing and will be a wonderful mother.

I miss my lunch bunch buddy already, but am glad that you are taking some time to pamper yourself a little--you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Well, she hung in through my pilgrimage to Jamaica...now I'm ready for my Grandmaternity leave. October 23rd was my wedding anniversary with Ron. Just don't hang in for Uncle Jerry's birthday on November 5th.