Sunday, May 20, 2007

Party at the Playground

Today, the Ransom clan picnicked with two other new families -- Kristen & Jerrold, and their 10-month daughter "Lil Chimpy" Isabel, and Sylvia & Bruce, with their 6-month daughter Aiko. We met up at the nautically themed Union Point Park along Oakland's waterfront to see how the munchkins would interact.

The best moment came when the toys were pulled out. Each baby would rather play with another baby's toy, so they kept trying to steal from each other. Various colorful gizmos, toy rattles, fabric books and plush animals went back and forth with nary a tarnished conscience. You'd think all three were only children! Of course, since Isabel is the biggest and can crawl, she ended up with the largest toy collection, only to ignore her hoard in favor of stealing my water bottle.

Aiko, Isabel and Mather play spin the bottle.

Sumo Babies!

"Where are the slides?"
"That way. Make your dada take you."


All smiles after playtime in the sand.

Three mommas and three tots.

It's not even windy -- that's the natural state of Chimpy's hair!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Hey! You went to my park! I am so glad other people are discovering it - I want CrockBaby to meet some playmates when he's born. Union Point Park is walking distance from my house (about a 30 minute walk) and we took James' nephews to play there when they visited from England. Maybe I'll be able to lure you back to Oakland after all when CrockBaby is born. Mather is sure looking older these days, and so happy.

Meng said...

Omg! My daughter's hair is crazy. I'll post a picture of the three mamas and babies, comparing my pictre to yourse made me realize just how tall you are. Thanks for a fun day.

nanna said...

wow great fun and great hair all around -
lovemomransom

Anonymous said...

Adorable.

Anonymous said...

So who won the sumo baby contest. You should have youtubed that.