Tuesday, May 08, 2007

A New York Wedding

So many days have passed and no new posts. Sorry, faithful readers! At least for the last few days we had the excuse of being in New York to see my sister Elsa's wedding. She and her fiance Chris got married on Sunday in Manhattan's Riverside Park, in a beautiful flowering grove directly above the tunnel named for him.

Chris and Elsa on their wedding day

Friday was Mather's first plane flight, a transcontinental trip no less. She was pretty good on the flight out -- I don't think our neighbors hated us, the fussing was minimal (the flight back I won't mention) -- and we arrived in the early evening with time to meet up with my folks, my sister, my Grandma, and my Manhattan-native Uncle and Aunt. Naturally we had pizza Friday night.

On Saturday we hit the Metropolitan Museum of Art to check out the new displays of Greek, Roman and Etruscan artifacts, while also taking a couple strolls through Central Park. Weather was idyllic the whole weekend and I've got to admit I just love Manhattan. The energy, bustle and crowds make San Francisco seem quiet and mellow.

Sunday was the wedding itself. It was a sweet and humble ceremony and a pleasure to witness. We picnicked with a handful of guests and fine food cooked by my mom in my patient Uncle Jeff's kitchen. Chris's cousin Jenny served as officiant. The sun came out to approve of the union.

I brought our camera and took a lot of photos. Check them out by clicking here -- there are a few photos from Saturday but most are of the wedding. You can also get to the web album by clicking on the lovely picture below!

Elsa and her nieceling

One of the side benefits of traveling to the wedding is that it finally provided a chance for my grandmother, Dorothy, to finally meet Miss Magoo. Mather is her first great-granddaughter.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Chris and Elsa! Looks like a wonderful weekend all around.

Guin said...

What beautiful people you all are. How nice to see you enjoying Elsa and Chris as they marry. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

It was certainly a wonderful event all around, having said that, I think it might have been an
innapropriate time for David to play "Got your
nose!" with me.

Unknown said...

Great that everyone had great time in this wedding. We will also be attending a family wedding of a cousin. Going to be hosted at one of best destination wedding venues Los Angeles. The beachside ceremony of couple would definitely be a remarkable event.