Friday, June 15, 2007

Lil' Swimmer

Mather started a ten week series of swimming classes today.

The classes are one hour long. The first fifteen minutes are spent acclimating to the water, playing with toys (rubber ducks, balls, rings), and socializing...


Then all the kids get together for song time. There's a wide selection of nursery rhymes, each with their own splashing, kicking, floating, dipping and bouncing choreography. Then the babies split off from the bigger swimmers for their "lesson".



For the most part, it's all about getting the kids comfortable in the water. Mather will learn how to kick and float. There's even a little dunking action to the tune of Ring Around the Rosy "... we all fall down!"

Mather had a good time and we're looking forward to next week's class.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the most adorable thing I’ve ever seen. I want to squish your baby! Those thighs! I can’t take it; I’m overwhelmed by cuteness.

teacherp said...

She'll be doing cannonballs in no time. Perhaps the next time I see her, I will teach her how to do a belly-flop.

Anonymous said...

Look at that smile. There's a baby that likes the water!

auntastasia said...

Welcome to the world of swimming, Mather. Looks like you are ready to make a real splash!

Sairbair said...

This is cuteness on overdrive! Oh my!

Kelly said...

I hope my kid loves water as much as Mather so obviously does. Look at that smile!!!