Monday, April 02, 2007

5th Lunaversary with Grandpa

Mather celebrated her fifth lunaversary this past weekend with her Grandpa!

Grandpa Cary and Sheryl were in town with Grand-Uncle Steven and Joan. We took the little one to three new restaurants, and she did great (for the most part). The waitress at dinner on Friday night showed us a great setup for the carseat on the reverse end of those traditional wooden restaurant highchairs. We could scoot Mather right up to the table and she could see everything.

On Saturday, while I worked (tax season, ya know) Dan met up with everyone for brunch before they headed up to Sonoma.

I take my coffee black. I'll have two eggs over-easy, pancakes, bacon and toast. Or, maybe I'll just have another bottle, but this time Grandpa can feed it to me instead of Dad...
Then Sheryl can show me what's goin' on around the restaurant...

On Sunday, we met for Dim-Sum brunch. Unfortunately, Mather hadn't taken a very long morning nap so she got a little fussy. Joan came to the rescue and danced Mather around the restaurant...
Mather is wearing one of MY dresses, from when I was a baby. My Mom saved a couple of her favorites from my childhood that I can now share with Mather, pretty cool.

To celebrate this lunar milestone, Miss Magoo got a set of foam blocks which she LOVES playing with...
HAPPY 5TH LUNAVERSARY!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Putting the coffee that close to the edge, right in front of the baby, is pretty scary. ):

Momily said...

Ah, it would be scary except that she has tyrannosaurus arms, just like her momma and she's strapped into a carseat!

Really though, it's a staged photo. Who is the anonymous party pooper with the baby safety rules, anyhow?

Meng said...

I had an anonymous poster call my biceps "mosquito bites." I mean, really. Have you seen my guns?!

(Turns out it was my brother.)

I'd be more worried about the caffeine than the hot coffee. You're going to get the baby ADDICTED!

Speaking of dining, is Mather on solids yet?

Momily said...

No solids yet. We're waiting until she's closer to 6 months old since there is a family history of asthma and allergies on Dan's side. We'll probably start after tax season, when I'm home for a few days. There will be a blog post about it for sure!

Anonymous said...

Well I think everyone looks great - it is quite a time warp experience for me to see Cary almost 30 years later feeding a little girl that looks like Emily, and looking quite natural at it. It did my old grandmather heart good. Happy 5th Mather - I'll see you before your 6th.