Saturday, November 04, 2006

Mama gets internet access in bed!

Howdy folks, Momily's finally signing on to share the excitement of motherhood with you all.

Papasan gave you the lowdown on the big event. I'll share some of my favorite moments (so far) with you...

I am so incredibly impressed with my body's ability to labor. Induction aside, my body knew exactly what to do and how to do it. I am glad to have had the opportunity to fully dilate and begin the pushing stage of labor. I can also appreciate that medical intervention was necessary in order to keep Mather safe and I am grateful for the hospital staff for taking such good care of us.

Meeting Mather for the first time was incredible. She is so beautiful and absolutely perfect in every way. We are getting to know each other better as the days go by. Today's big development has been some incredible breastfeeding. Mather is getting some great meals. While breastfeeding is very natural and instinctual, it takes some work to do it well. Our collective frustration is beginning to subside as our comfort levels increase. Even if we fail to successfully feed, the skin-to-skin contact is such valuable bonding time. I could snuggle with my baby all day long!

It is also quite amazing to watch Daniel's transformation into the fearless Papasan! He is an expert diaper changer, burper, swaddler, lullaby deliverer and a wonderful husband. The care he is taking with both me and Mather affirms everything I already knew about him... he is the most loving and caring person I know. I am so glad to have embarked on the journey of parenthood with him.

I'm starting to get my strength back. It is a careful balance between focusing on my recovery and focusing on Mather's needs. Each day brings me improved mobility and increased comfort. Looking forward to heading home and settling in.

3 comments:

Papasan said...

Momily tried to post this last night but we had some technical issues. This might appear as a double post for some readers. I think everything is working again now!

Anonymous said...

What a suprise! I am so happy for you all. Welcome Mather! She is beautiful. I have been thinking of the Ransom family lately and so glad to have found your blog.
BTW, Erin and Rick are expecting, too!
Check it out: www.corbalfamily.com.

Anonymous said...

You win 4 awards:

Cutest baby EVER!
Cutest mama ever!
Cutest papa ever!
Cutest family ever! Y'all are adorable! (The proof is in the exclamation marks.)